EXPERT SOD INSTALLATION
Growing a lawn from grass seed takes patience, effort, and the right weather conditions. Why not get a great-looking lawn now with sod installation from Elegant Greens? Our sod installation experts have years of experience in nurturing gorgeous, healthy lawns for our customers. For sod lawn installation you can trust, look no further, call us here at Elegant Greens!
SOD LAWN INSTALLATION
Installing a new lawn takes a little more than elbow grease. Since sod installation is an investment, you want peace of mind that the professionals you hire for the job will take into account the many variables that affect success. That’s why we like to keep you informed about our process and our progress along the way. Once our experts arrive at your property, we’ll begin these preparation steps:
Removing old grass and weeds in the soil
Amending the soil if necessary
Installing the sod with industry best practices
FRESH SOD CARE
Fresh sod requires a different maintenance routine than a regular lawn does. Avoid the temptation to put perfect mow lines or have a picnic on your new lawn. Follow these sod care tips to ensure your new sod takes root:
- Avoid overwatering, but never allow the sod to dry out. Water the sod three to four times a day for five to ten minutes.
- Avoid watering the sod in the evening.
- Avoid foot traffic on your new lawn for at least two weeks.
Water the lawn for 30 minutes every day, twice a day if necessary.
Third Week and Beyond
- After three weeks, you can mow the lawn. Keep the mower deck high, and never mow more than 1/3 the length of the grass blades.
- Fertilize your new sod six weeks after installation.
Sod installation is in investment, and failure often comes from improper care and maintenance. Once the sod is installed, Elegant Greens can provide lawn maintenance services to ensure the sod becomes established and looks great for years to come.